Mon, Jun 28|
Moss Performing Arts Center, CMU
The Empowered Singer Summer Voice Camp
The singing experience you've been waiting for!
Time & Location
Jun 28, 2021, 9:00 AM MDT – Jun 30, 2021, 9:00 PM MDT
Moss Performing Arts Center, CMU, 1221 N 12th St, Grand Junction, CO 81501, USA
About the event
This is the singing experience you've been waiting for!
After more than a year of having to hold in our voices, it is time to come together and sing again. With all of the cancellations and virtualizations of choir events over the last 14 months, we are beyond thrilled to be able to offer this one-of-a-kind voice training camp in collaboration with Colorado Mesa University.
The Empowered Singer Summer Voice Camp is designed to empower singers and teachers to use their voices to make a difference in the world! We combine scientific research with decades of performing and teaching to provide a transformative singing experience. Participants will receive holistic vocal training, solo and ensemble coaching and performing experience, and a purpose-centered approach to developing musicality.
This voice camp is for solo singers, choirs, and music teachers alike (ages 14+). Improve your own singing and performing ability, and discover how to unlock the transformative power of the human voice.
In-depth workshops and masterclasses with CMU vocal and choral faculty:
- Singer Somatics - Embody the functionality of your natural instrument.
- Acting For Singers - Discover how to be a more effective communicator when you sing. Learn how storytelling is used to better understand ourselves and each other.
- Improv to Improve - Improvisation is an important tool for developing musicality, as well as resiliency in our everyday lives
- Empowered Singing - Remove the impediments from your singing technique and your vocal pedagogy. Explore the science and embody the many ways in which singing is Essential, Transformative, and Powerful
- Create Connections, Dissolve Divisions - Discover new perspectives and employ new approaches to solo/ensemble singing and music advocacy
- Empowered Choral Conducting - Explore how to be a more effective, inspirational, and artistic ensemble leader (We encourage high school directors to bring their own ensembles. K-8 music educators will have an opportunity to work with an ensemble comprised of all participating music educators*.)
Along with a faculty performance on the first night, participants have the opportunity to perform on a soloist/small group recital that will serve as a CMU Vocal Scholarship competition. The third and final performance will be a choral showcase concert, in which each choir can showcase their best piece, culminating in combined choral performances under the baton of Dr. Adam Kluck.
Each day of The Empowered Singer Summer Voice Camp consists of two morning sessions, two afternoon sessions, and an evening concert.
After a year of navigating COVID safety guidelines from the Mesa County Health Department and the CDC, and implementing effective protocols for our CMU vocal students, we have developed safe and effective rehearsal and performance guidelines for solo and choral singing. With vaccinations on the rise and case numbers going down, we can now safely create this transformative experience for a large group of singers!
The registration deadline is June 18th, so reserve your spot today!
Discounts for groups of 6 or more singers in an ensemble, as well as for music teachers.
* Continuing Education Credit is available for K-12 music educators
For singers interested in solo classical/music theatre training. Solo singers also participate in combined choral rehearsals and performance.
For groups of 6 or more singers. Participants can be solo singers and/or members of an ensemble.